YES! for Schools is dedicated to providing youth with a healthy body, a healthy mind and a healthy lifestyle. We do this by offering youth practical tools and life skills to manage stress and emotions. When students learn how to manage their stress in a healthy way, they exhibit greater confidence and motivation to succeed in school and make healthy choices when faced with life’s challenges. Our 30-hour experiential learning curriculum includes three modules: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Lifestyle.
The Healthy Body module encourages physical fitness and healthy food choices through:
- Physical activity that includes exercise to stretch and strengthen the body
- Experiential processes that encourage mindful eating
- Interactive discussions on food and nutrition
The Healthy Mind module includes stress management and relaxation techniques that encourage a positive mental attitude through:
- Targeted breathing techniques that reduce stress, anger, anxiety and depression; improve focus and concentration; and enhance learning ability
- Relaxation exercises that encourage a calm state of mind
- Experiential processes that revitalize human values such as responsibility, respect, kindness, belonging, honesty, enthusiasm and service
The Healthy Lifestyle module includes social emotional learning and life skills in conflict resolution through:
- Teamwork exercises that teach how to manage emotions and resolve conflict
- Interactive processes that encourage pro-social behavior, problem solving and cooperation
- Dynamic discussions that teach goal setting and good decision-making
- Practical knowledge that increases self-confidence and inner-strength to helps students handle peer pressure and make healthy choices when faced with life’s challenges
I notice I can take bad things and turn them into good ones. YES has made me a stronger person.