The International Association for Human Values (IAHV) is a 501(c)3 educational and humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization that is committed to developing and promoting programs of personal development that encourage the practice of human values in everyday life. These values include a sense of belonging to a common humanity, respect for all people, cultures and traditions, respect for the natural environment, an attitude of non-violence and an ethic of social service. IAHV upholds the conviction that the integration of human values into all aspects of life will ultimately lead to a more peaceful, just and sustainable world.
- All human beings are equal.
- Responsibility and an attitude of selfless service is true empowerment.
- Peace, happiness and compassion are the intrinsic nature of human beings.
- Socio-economic development must be built on human values to be sustainable.
- Incorporation of human values into all aspects of life will ultimately lead to a more peaceful, just and sustainable world.
IAHV advances its mission through human development programs, socioeconomic development projects and dialogue forums. It has eight main initiatives:
- Ethics in Business
- Peace Initiatives
- Youth Empowerment
- Value Based Education
- Community Development
- Women’s Empowerment
- Prisoner Rehabilitation
- Disaster Relief
Founded in Geneva in 1997, IAHV works in special consultative status with the Economic Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations, and participates in a variety of committees and activities related to health and conflict resolution. Awarded the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence, IAHV demonstrates the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness..